Jørgen Erdahl is a journalist, collector, invited speaker and influencer on high quality watches, based in the arctic part of Norway – hence the nickname “The Watch Warden of the North” gifted by a fellow watch enthusiast during SIHH 2018.
He is currently engaged as a Contributing Editor at Norway’s most respected watch website – Tidssonen.no – as well as doing watch related work for several other watch publications, websites, watch retailers etc.
Jørgen has been a passionate watch enthusiast and connoisseur for many years. Before starting his own website – Horae.no – focusing solely on watches, he was a long time editor and writer on subjects including luxury lifestyle and travel.
In 2017 he also started contributing to other print and online watch magazines in Norway, including the Basic Magazine (later re-branded “The Watch”). He was also selected as a jury member for the international “Watchstars” award, where he contributed during the 2017-2018 election of candidates and winners.
After running his own website for some years, he decided to join Tidssonen on a permanent basis, leaving Horae.no as a portfolio and presentation for some of his watch related work.
Jørgen has been interviewed and featured in several international and national publications and newspapers, including WatchTime, Uhren-Magazine, VG, E24 and Finansavisen. His direct style of writing, honest opinions and knowledge about the Norwegian watch community has made him among the most respected watch journalists in Norway today. His knowledge has also resulted in him being hired as an invited speaker to give lectures about the watch market, insurance of watches and watches in general.
His watch photographs has been featured on social media accounts such as Vacheron Constantin (official), Watches by SJX, Time+Tide Watches, Bruvik Fine Timepieces (official), Langepedia, Langenation, dailywatch, syn.chronus and petiteseconde, among others.
– Contributing Editor – Tidssonen.no (2020 – present)
– Contributing Editor – TheWatch.no (2021 – present)
– Guest Editor – Urmaker Christensen (2022 – present)
– Jury member of Watchstars (2017 – 2018)
– Accr. Press: Baselworld 2018 – 2019, SIHH / Watches & Wonders 2018 – 2023
– Digital Creator for Fagurmakerne Norge (FUN) / Professional Watchmakers Norway (2018 – 2020)
– Contributing Editor – Basic (online) & Basic Magazine (2017 – 2020)
– Featured in German “UHREN-MAGAZIN” and the international “WatchTime” magazine (2018)
– Founder of Norwegian watch website Horae.no (2017)
Portfolio: Selected articles
– På besøk hos Rexhep Rexhepi
– En guide til Rolex “King Midas”
– Erling Kagge, “de tre polene” og Rolex Explorer
– Scandinavian Airlines System og Universal Genève Polarouter
– Jaeger-LeCoultre – Et besøk i horologiens høyborg?
– En “astronomisk” kveld med Omega
– Dresden, Glashütte og A. Lange & Söhne
– Jaeger-LeCoultre kaliber 920
– Reisebrev fra Geneva Watch Days 2021
– Intervju: Rolex Sea-Dweller COMEX i særklasse!
– Homage, kopi og forfalskning..
Portfolio: Seleceted photos
About the website and name: Horae
The website was launched in 2017 as a website for watch reviews, news and articles, focusing on the Norwegian market. It was active for three years, before a collaboration with Tidssonen.no was signed in January 2020. The website has since acted as a portfolio for watch journalist Jørgen Erdahl.
In Greek mythology, the Horae were the goddesses of seasons and the natural portions of time. The changing of the seasons and the time that passes by is often symbolically described as the dance of the Horae.