Jørgen Erdahl is a journalist, collector, invited speaker and influencer on high quality watches. Based in the northernmost part of Norway – way above the Arctic Cirle – he was gifted the nickname “The Watch Warden of the North” by a fellow watch enthusiast during SIHH 2018.
Jørgen is currently engaged as a Contributing Editor at Norway’s biggest and most respected watch website – Tidssonen.no – as well as a freelancer for several other publications, websites, magazines and retailers.
As a long time passionate watch enthusiast and connoisseur, Jørgen started his own website – Horae.no – in late 2016. The website represented his first project focusing solely on watches, after having been an editor and writer on subjects including luxury lifestyle and luxury travel for many years.
In 2017 he also started contributing to other publications in Norway, including the printed magazine “Basic” as well as on their website (later rebranded “The Watch”). Later the same year, he was also appointed as a member of the jury for the international “Watchstars” award, where he contributed during the 2017 and 2018 election of candidates and winners.
After running his own website for some years, he decided to join Tidssonen on a permanent basis, leaving Horae.no as a portfolio and presentation for parts of his watch related work. In the years after joining Tidssonen, he has published hundreds of articles and contributed in several podcasts and video productions by Tidssonen and their partners. From 2018 to 2020 he was also hired as a digital creator for the “Professional Watchmakers Norway” organization.
Over the years Jørgen has contributed with his knowledge to several printed books and publications, and in 2023 he was also selected as a contributor to the internationally acclaimed “The Watch Annual”.
Jørgen has been interviewed and featured in several international and national publications and newspapers, including WatchTime, Uhren-Magazine, VG, Dagbladet, E24, Finansavisen and FA Premium. His direct style of writing, honest opinions and knowledge about both the international and the Norwegian watch community has made him among the most respected watch journalists in Norway today. His knowledge has also resulted in him being hired as an invited speaker to hold lectures about the watch market, insurance of watches and watches in general.
His watch photographs has been featured on social media accounts such as Vacheron Constantin (official), Watches by SJX, Time+Tide Watches, Bruvik Fine Timepieces (official), Langepedia, Langenation and dailywatch, among many many others.
– Contributing Editor – Tidssonen.no (2020 – present)
– Guest Editor – Urmaker Christensen (2022 – present)
– Contributor – The Watch Annual 2023
– Jury member of Watchstars (2017 – 2018)
– Contributing Editor – TheWatch.no (2021 – 2023)
– Accr. Press: SIHH / Watches and Wonders 2018 – 2023, Baselworld 2018 – 2019.
– Digital Creator for FUN – Fagurmakerne Norge / Professional Watchmakers Norway (2018 – 2020)
– Contributing Editor – Basic & Basic Magazine (2017 – 2020)
– Featured in German “Uhren-Magazin” and the international “WatchTime” magazine (2018)
– Founder of Norwegian watch website Horae.no (2017)
Read all articles:
Portfolio: Selected articles
– På besøk hos Rexhep Rexhepi
– En guide til Rolex “King Midas”
– Erling Kagge, “de tre polene” og Rolex Explorer
– På besøk hos Fortis
– Scandinavian Airlines System og Universal Genève Polarouter
– Jaeger-LeCoultre – Et besøk i horologiens høyborg?
– En “astronomisk” kveld med Omega
– Dresden, Glashütte og A. Lange & Söhne
– Jaeger-LeCoultre kaliber 920
– Reisebrev fra Geneva Watch Days 2021
– Intervju: Rolex Sea-Dweller COMEX i særklasse!
– Homage, kopi og forfalskning..
Portfolio: Seleceted photos
About the website and name: Horae
The website was launched in 2016 as a website for watch reviews, news and articles, focusing on the Norwegian market. It was active for three years, before a collaboration with Tidssonen.no was signed in January 2020. The website has since acted as a portfolio for watch journalist Jørgen Erdahl.
In Greek mythology, the Horae were the goddesses of seasons and the natural portions of time. The changing of the seasons and the time that passes by is often symbolically described as the dance of the Horae.